My Tragic Flareon Story #Pokemon20

I wish a happy 20th birthday to TWO of these four games, because ONLY TWO OF THEM came out 20 years ago! #Pokemon20

Since it's a special day for Pokémon, I should probably take this moment to tell my Flareon story. It's a good story, but v sad. Here we go.

I was training up my team on Pokémon Red to Lv100 and I had a Flareon which got to Lv86. I was also trying to get all 151 Pokédex entries.

Me and my friend did some trading so we would end up with all the evolutions of Eevee in our respective Pokédex's, plus trade evolutions...

He had a Graveler, which he wanted to trade so it would evolve into Golem, & I traded it with my Flareon so he would get it's Pokédex entry.

At the moment I traded Flareon away and received his Graveler, his Game Boy ran out of battery. His game didn't save before the trade ended.

Therefore, when he turned his game back on, he still had Graveler in his team, I ALSO had his Graveler, now Golem. Flareon had disappeared.

My Lv86 Flareon, who I had spent forever training to get to Lv100, who was my favourite team member, DIED during a trade! =(

That's right. I actually discovered a way for Pokémon to be legit killed. It's kinda funny looking back on it now, but at the time I cried!
So on this day, the 20th Pokémon Anniversary, I commemorate the memory of my dearly departed Flareon. <3 <3 <3